Salix Solutions would like to invite up to 2 interns this season to assist the BLUE® stormwater mitigation program with marketing, property evaluations, stormwater plan design, and data management.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
Duties will involve:
▪ The creation of marketing materials: This includes identifying a target audience, communicating water quality information as appropriate to the selected audience, creating an aesthetically compelling format to catch, keep, and engage the attention of the reader.
▪ Assisting stormwater consultants during property evaluations. This includes, but may not be limited to:
recording homeowner interviews,
capturing reference photos,
conducting simple soil tests,
measuring flow rates of household fixtures, and
conducting landscape surveys.
▪ Assisting in the creation of stormwater mitigation plans. This involves working with the consultant on compiling suggestions to appropriately mitigate stormwater to the degree possible given the parameters of the property. This typically involves considering green stormwater infrastructure options given soil type, slope, etc. identifying the size installation needed, and depicting suggestions for the landowner to consider.
▪ Data management: record keeping and data compilation such that program achievements are depicted in subsets appropriate for dissemination.
The following skills are required to be considered for this position:
▪ Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to present a professional demeanor.
▪ Experience with Microsoft Office - competent use of Word and Excel.
▪ Critical thinking and problem solving.
▪ The ability to work remotely.
▪ Self-motivation and keen attention to detail.
▪ Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
▪ Consistent to reliable transportation for travel to meetings and field sites.
A cursory understanding of threats to water quality in Vermont. Introduction to Soil Science, Ecology, Hydrology or related fields a plus.
Submit a resume, writing sample (one page is fine), letter of interest, and three references to: email@example.com
Note - this is an unpaid position focused on collaborating with universities to support students’ educational goals to meet course credit requirements.
Non-students are also welcome to apply. Please clearly state your learning/experience building goals in your cover letter.